The Horrifying & Nightmarish Reality Of Life In Auschwitz Caught In Images! It’s Just Heartbreaking
A dozen history books have spoken at length about the hardships faced by the people during World War II. One unfortunate practice during this period was the imprisonment of Jews in concentration camps. Here’s a glimpse of life within the walls of Auschwitz, a place which still continues to send shivers down the spines of people across the globe.
1. Corpses of the prisoners at the infamous Auschwitz concentration camp. Most of them had succumbed to starvation.
2. Prisoners are made to shed their clothes, to wear new disinfected ones.
3. Guards of the camp directing the prisoners after their arrival at the railway station.
4. The holocaust had not even spared kids. These are few unfortunate children who were imprisoned at Auschwitz.
5. The result of repeated torture and starvation.
6. While the prisoners went through hell, the guards shared some memorable moments together at the concentration camp.
7. Male inmates of Auschwitz posing for the shutterbugs
8. Prisoners considered to be physically fit, were made to work at the camp. The job, mainly involved digging the ground.
9. A sneak peek of the men’s bunker.
10. After toiling all day, the prisoners stand in a queue to get some soup.
11. Scores of dead bodies of the prisoners on display
12. The last few survivors of the Auschwitz concentration camp rejoice after being freed.
13. Women sorting the possessions confiscated from the prisoners. These items would later be distributed among German citizens.
14. Women and child Prisoners
15. This is how women stayed in the barrack allotted to them.
16. Women Deemed fit for work moving towards the work site. Their heads were tonsured on arrival, and the ladies were forced to be dressed in a uniform.
17. A picture of a handicapped man at Auschwitz. Physically handicapped people were deemed ‘Unfit for work’, and were sent to the gas chamber. These weak ones were eventually executed in a brutal manner.